DIY Marbled/Tie Dye Paper with Shaving Cream!
Updated: Sep 3
Hi friends! I am so excited to write this blog post! I grew up with the shaving cream paper tie-dye method, so I’ve been wanting to share with you guys! Whether you want to make your own gift tags, stationery, or just need a fun craft to keep the kiddos busy for an hour, this is the perfect summer activity!
What you’ll need to get started:
-Shaving cream (I recommend the dollar store for this!)
-A plate or disposable container (I used a disposable tinfoil food container for easy clean up. Also from the dollar store.)
-Paper! I recommend using a heavy cardstock for this project if you’re making stationery or gift tags! Feel free to use printer paper for the kiddos though.
-Paper Towels (You’ll want plenty because this can get a lot messier than you think!)
-Hole Punch (to make gift tags)
-Cricut! I used my cricut to make all the fun gift tag shapes. If you have one (or another paper cutting machine) the ideas are endless!!!
-Paper Cutter (If you don’t have a cricut, it would be nice to have a straight edge to cut out your shapes!)
-Washi Tape (to make even more fun designs!)
1. Take your plate or throwaway container and make a thin even layer of shaving cream. This doesn’t have to be smooth.
2. Choose what colors you want to use and put a few drops on the shaving cream.
3. Swirl the colors and shaving cream to make a fun design!
4. Place your paper on top of the shaving cream. Gently press down to make sure the entire page is covered with your design.
5. Take the paper and place it on a flat surface and scape off the shaving cream with paper towels to reveal your design!!!
6. Optional: Depending on the quality of the paper, it may dry warped. Place your tie-dyed paper in the pages of a book and place some heavy books on top of it (or other heavy objects).
That’s it! So simple and perfect for crafters of all ages! Also, I totally encourage you to shop around for the best deals, but if you use a few of the links provided, I do make a small commission, at no extra cost to you! If you share to social media, be sure to tag me so I can see! @tinycraftsbybay
Happy Crafting friends!